We’re looking for our next amazing Team Member to come and join the TPF family!
This is an ideal role if you’re at the start of your career or looking to develop into an administrative position, with the opportunity to progress your career as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant within a vibrant and supportive environment.
As a dynamic and motivated individual with exceptionally high standards you will start your career with us providing facilities and administrative support across the business, not least to our fundraising campaigns and HR teams. You will be reporting to, and working closely alongside the CEO’s Executive Assistant, helping to share in their workload, and deputising in their absence.
Time goes quicker in our business than you can possibly imagine, and no two days will be the same in this busy and varied role. You will be a proactive ‘do-er’ who is not afraid of practical hand-on tasks and just as enthused to fulfil the basic day-to-day duties as you will taking ownership or becoming involved in more comprehensive project work. Eager to learn, your responsibilities and accountabilities will grow as your experience within the role develops and as you flourish in your career.
With responsibility for greeting visitors, answering the phone, and responding to email enquiries, you will be the first impression maker within the office, and as such you will be well spoken and someone with an impressive level of written communication. From ensuring meeting spaces are impeccably prepared to executing plans for company events, you will be highly organised and always one step ahead.
As part of our Executive and Business Administration Team, you will be representing the Executive Assistant and, in turn, the CEO, (both of whom have impeccably high standards… they even ensure the colour of our coasters are on brand!) so you too will be a perfectionist with meticulous attention to detail, always acting as a brand ambassador for our business, and someone who will continuously go the extra mile.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally. We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from people from marginalised ethnicities for this role.
- Be the first impression maker for all office visitors, greeting them with a warm welcome, whilst fulfilling the required visitor processes.
- Ensure our premises are a welcoming space and an inspiring place to work, from arranging a weekly display of fresh flowers to liaising with a ‘little black book’ of trusted contractors and suppliers.
- Order and maintain all office supplies and stationery, whilst maintaining our commitment to the environment.
- Distribution and posting of all mail.
- Be responsible for our on-site meeting barn, from overseeing the room booking system to setting up and closing the space.
- Maintain a presence at all company events, always on hand to ensure the day runs smoothly, and to provide assistance to delegates.
- Be the go-to person for Central Office team members when it comes to travel and accommodation requirements, negotiating to ensure the most competitive price and managing calendar arrangements.
- Support in the preservation of our company culture, from ensuring birthdays and long service are celebrated, to implementing exciting plans for staff celebrations and events.
- Support with general administrative tasks across the business.
- Other ad hoc support tasks agreed by the Executive Assistant, including personal errands for the CEO.
- A people person who enjoys working in a dynamic and lively environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a confident, warm, assured, and intellectual manner.
- Excellent written communication with a high degree of presentation and grammatical accuracy.
- Excellent personal presentation and high standards, with an eye for detail.
- A genuine approach to helping create an inspiring and rewarding place to work.
- Highly organised with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Being comfortable working within a busy and ever-changing landscape is a must!
- IT literate, tech savvy and embracing the use of technology.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Keen and eager to work beyond the confines of the job description.
- Be prepared on occasion to start early/finish late to ensure thorough preparation and close of events.
- UK driving license.
- Starting salary £22,950 per annum
- Employer pension contributions
- Enhanced sick pay
- Family friendly policies with enhanced pay elements
- 22 days holiday (not including bank holidays) increasing to 27 days upon length of service
Health & Wellbeing Support
- Beautiful countryside office location with free parking and shower facilities, perfect if you fancy walking, running, or cycling to work
- Employee Assistance Programme, including access to mental health and wellbeing tools, discounts, training and more!
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Free flu vaccination vouchers every winter
- Office Library and book-club
- Personable and friendly company with a dedicated and hardworking team and vibrant culture
Recognition & Career Development
- Long service awards
- Learning, career development and training opportunities, including Lunch and Learns.
- Referral Scheme ‘Friend with Benefits’, and monetary rewards for recommending someone who starts with us.
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Awareness Months, including signposting and training
- Paid time off for your Birthday!
- Paid time off for Christmas shutdown
- Birthday, Wedding, and New Baby gifts
- Seasonal gifts and celebrations, including Christmas Party
- Permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Fully office-based role.
- The probation period for this role is 12 weeks.