Outstanding organisational ability, excellent communication, and sound commercial judgement are the keys to success in this role, and you will be contributing directly to the performance of our fundraising campaigns and the profitability of the business.
You will be responsible for coordinating our stand presence at key exhibitions and outdoor shows across the country, liaising with exhibition organisers to secure prominently positioned exhibition stand space for our fundraisers to work from, representing our amazing charity clients. You will need to ensure that the audience of the exhibitions you book are representative of our charity client’s supporter demographic, the size and position of the stand is well thought through to maximise fundraising income, and the cost of the stand is commercially viable for us as a business.
Juggling multiple stand applications across several charity clients requires exceptional organisational ability, and you’ll be accountable for ensuring that every exhibition attended goes off without a hitch, making sure all pre-show arrangements have been taken care of well in advance (i.e., electrical orders, risk assessments, nameboards, exhibitor/vehicle passes etc.) and that every stand is well presented, attending the top shows of the year to liaise and develop relationships face-to-face with the organisers, and to ensure that the stand set-up is just right!
As well as driving forward the planning and organisation for our exhibitions and shows across the country, you will own responsibility for all logistical arrangements in the field, maintaining an accurate inventory of uniform and equipment, and ensuring that every fundraiser has the right kit at the right time. You will also be responsible for the oversight of our storage facility, and van fleet, approximately 15 vehicles, ensuring their servicing, MOT, breakdown cover and all driver documentation and due diligence.
You will have one direct report assisting you in all areas of the role, and you will be responsible for coordinating our self-employed contractors who set-up/break-down at our events, and who maintain our on-site storage facility.
This role will be based at our beautiful countryside offices on the Herts/Beds boarder and occasional travel each month to London Excel/Olympia and the NEC as well as other key exhibition venues will be required to fully perform in this role.
The Professional Fundraiser is one of the leading face-to-face fundraising agencies in the UK. Our clients include the Royal British Legion, the British Heart Foundation, Cats Protection, and WWF to name a few, and all our clients fit the mould: clients we love working with and have a good relationship with, and clients where we feel we can really add value.
We’re proudly a ‘team-first’ agency, but our delivery and service are client and donor centric. We want every individual’s interaction with The Professional Fundraiser to be an exemplary experience and to ‘wow’!
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day, and we’re particularly interested in receiving applications from females and from people from marginalised ethnicities for this role.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the Fundraising Operations Manager and F2F Leadership team to review our exhibition strategy and ensure that it delivers for the business, and for each of our individual charity campaigns.
- Plan and manage the booking process for all exhibitions/shows and the associated administration.
- Ensure that all direct reports are aware of priorities, delegating workload effectively.
- Analyse exhibition/show performance, making appropriate adjustments to future bookings and strategy.
- Create and nurture positive relationships with exhibition organisers.
- Ensure the set-ups at shows/exhibitions are completed to a high standard ensuring the best representation and professionalism of the company’s and charity’s brands.
- Own responsibility for the distribution and accurate inventory of all fundraising equipment, both in the field and stored centrally.
- Implement and maintain suitable processes that ensure the timely and effective delivery to fundraisers of all equipment, uniform collateral, and fundraising materials/aids.
- Own accountability for the warehouse and all logistical operations, ensuring that equipment is maintained in excellent condition.
- Effectively manage the company’s van fleet, ensuring all necessary due diligence.
- Maintain open and constructive communication with all stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation to achieve deadlines.
- A stickler for high standards and attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and ability to build rapport and relationships with stakeholders.
- Natural influencing and persuasion abilities.
- A natural tendency and demonstratable experience negotiating cost.
- The ability to understand income/cost targets and budgets, and to make appropriate financial decisions.
- IT literate with experience in office environments, Outlook, and CRM platforms.
- Friendly, with a great sense of humour and a polite, professional manner!
Salary and Benefits:
- £27,500 - £29,000 per annum plus bonus
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days upon length of service
- Pension contribution
- CPD Programme and training opportunities
- Birthday off paid
- Paid time off for Christmas shutdown
- Summer & Christmas parties
- Regular agency socials
- “Community days”
- Beautiful countryside office location and free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Application Deadline: Midnight on Sunday 19th June
Shortlisting: Week Commencing Monday 20th June
First Interview: Tuesday 28th June
Second Interview: Tuesday 5th July