We’re seeking a high calibre, highly driven internal recruiter to deliver the growth of our field-based sales/fundraising team. This role is full of challenge and will suit only the most determined with your “can-do” attitude, flair for networking and building relationships, and your innovative mind-set to do things that a normal recruiter couldn’t even imagine!
In succeeding in this position, you’ll play a pivotal role growing our company’s turnover and P&L, and will be amply rewarded for your achievements, with a basic salary up to £55k per annum, plus bonus, together with a vibrant working environment and culture, and a fantastic opportunity for progression into a Head of Talent Acquisition role in the future.
Reporting to our Head of HR, you will work as a business partner to our face-to-face fundraising (sales) team, with sole responsibility for the attraction and recruitment for all our nationwide field-based fundraising positions, from venue and door-to-door fundraisers to team/territory managers, and our regional fundraising managers.
This role is far removed from posting adverts on job boards - success in this role will be driven by excellent stakeholder engagement, innovative souring techniques, and networking across the sector and from other face-to-face sales environments such as energy sales, broadband sales, credit/store card sales etc.
This is a fully hands-on role, and you will be known by everyone. Through developing partnerships with current fundraisers and online networking, you will reach as many potential applicants as possible, connecting with talent from across the industry who might not be actively searching for a new opportunity, exciting them about our fundraising positions and charity campaigns.
We have an excellent reputation amongst fundraisers in the sector with a clear point of difference between us and other agencies that you will be proud to sell to candidates, ensuring a seamless and inspiring candidate experience.
Alongside the immediate demands of the day-to-day recruiting, your role will involve developing a long-term talent acquisition strategy to attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent in this sector. You will also work in collaboration with senior leadership to cultivate our employer brand and will lead the development of hiring managers to build a collective of skilled recruiters across the company.
You will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and changing environment, and must be comfortable working within an ever-changing landscape – working amongst varying degrees of change and ambiguity is important here!
With fundraisers across the country from Cornwall to Aberdeen, this role can be worked either from home or from our beautiful countryside offices Church Farm, on the Herts/Beds boarder. Please note that regular travel is essential for this position.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from females and from marginalised ethnicities.
- Own the attraction and recruitment of our nationwide field-based fundraising roles.
- Generate high volume, high-quality candidates under tight deadlines.
- Drive innovative “out-of-the-box” and strategic sourcing strategies to discover the very best and most diverse talent, not limited to job boards, industry networking, talent referrals and competitor insight.
- Build a pipeline and produce a target list of passive candidates through researching, cold calling, and networking.
- Manage the candidate experience from start to finish, ensuring excellent communications, preparation and offer management.
- Work with senior managers to anticipate the organisations future needs immersing yourself with our resourcing plan.
- Ensure that our recruitment practices are inclusive and that we have diversity at all stages of our attraction and hiring process.
- Contribute and collaborate on the continuous development of our employer brand strategy.
- Work with wider HR and marketing personnel to drive our brand awareness and social/digital recruitment activity.
- Deliver timely and accurate data and MI relating to all hiring activity.
- Be a standout recruiter with proven credentials and experience.
- Confident in sourcing for high volume, direct sales roles.
- Can lead and execute in a standalone TA role.
- Strong communication skills to influence at all levels.
- An affinity and commitment towards diversity and inclusion.
- You’ll be tenacious and motivated, with a strong commercial understanding.
- Strong evidence of having implemented D&I solutions within recruitment processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the external fundraising environment, challenges, and market trends.
- Experience in Head of TA / TA Managerial role.
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £55,000 per annum + bonus
- Pension contribution
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days upon length of service
- Birthday off paid
- Paid time off for Christmas shutdown
- Beautiful countryside office location and free parking
- Personable and friendly company with a dedicated and hardworking team and vibrant culture
Deadline for applications: Thursday 30th June
Shortlisting: week commencing Monday 4th July
First interview: week commencing Monday 11th July
Second Interview: week commencing Monday 18th July