The Professional Fundraiser is one of the leading face-to-face fundraising (sales) agencies in the UK, with clients that include the Royal British Legion, the British Heart Foundation and Cats Protection to name a few. We’re proudly a ‘team-first’ agency and want every individual’s interaction with The Professional Fundraiser to be an exemplary experience and to ‘wow’!
We are seeking a highly talented and experienced sales manager, eager to take on their next challenge, and who possesses the energy, drive and ability to grow and deliver our private site fundraising campaigns across Southern England and the Midlands.
Becoming a Regional Fundraising Manager is about becoming a business leader and you will be responsible for the line management of up to six Team Managers. You’ll keep in touch with what’s going on out in the field and will be highly visible among your teams, but you’ll manage through your Team Managers as you take ownership for the sales and financial performance of your Region, including the achievement of income targets of c.£4m per annum.
You will be a high performing sales manager, target driven and with an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is all about strategic growth and development, as you contribute towards the business’s overall strategy, together with managing individual campaign performance, achieving supporter acquisition (sales) targets and KPI’s across your region, for the benefit of our charity partners.
You will support and inspire your Team Managers to drive performance and will be confident in developing a strong succession plan, owning the development of your region through the successful onboarding, coaching and retention of both Team Manager’s and Fundraisers.
You will exude a passion for high standards and will continue to evolve and improve your field operation to ensure both operational and cost efficiency, and the creation of meaningful supporter experiences, and will breed a culture of quality and fundraising excellence.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally.
- Take full accountability for the delivery and growth of all fundraising campaigns in your region, ensuring achievement of income, supporter recruitment and KPI targets.
- Deliver a mix of fundraising campaigns and products to target, through the effective leadership and management of up to six Team Managers, with indirect responsibility for up to 45 fundraisers.
- To define annual campaign plans and strategy in collaboration with other senior stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach to growing your region, utilising every available tool and network to increase fundraiser headcount and the number of fundraising days to drive supporter recruitment and sales income.
- Work with your Team Managers to continuously improve fundraising performance and business margin.
- Proactively reduce donor attrition achieving an increase in net income, by developing strategies, processes, communications, and culture, to drive the recruitment of quality donors, and by evolving the supporter experience.
- Ensure that all regional recruitment, training, and business as usual practices are delivered in line with company processes and best practice.
- Monitor and maintain continuously high standards of fundraising compliance and best practice, including compliance to all health and safety, safeguarding, and managing vulnerability policies.
- Plan and facilitate performance review meetings with Team Managers, encouraging open, honest, and collaborative campaign planning.
- Create an engaging and supportive workplace culture, that forges staff retention, and that promotes succession planning and regional growth.
- Ensure that field issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide monthly business reviews for the SLT, including reporting and commentary.
You will be target driven, competitive in nature and strive to be the best in everything you do. You will thrive in a sales environment, especially one of increased ownership and accountability, and will possess an entrepreneurial spirit to truly drive results and growth of your region.
- A proven sales professional with demonstratable success in driving revenue and growth.
- Proven track record of managing and leading large face-to-face fundraising or direct sales teams, including demonstratable experience of defining, executing, and monitoring scalable campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of the external fundraising environment, challenges, and market trends.
- Good commercial acumen with experience of achieving sales revenue, coupled with budgetary management and cost control.
- A proven and experienced leader, with evidence of creating high performing sales teams, motivating, and driving performance.
- Accomplished managerial knowledge to support direct reports, not limited to performance management, discipline and grievance, absence management, recruitment and selection, and staff appraisals and feedback.
- Thorough understanding and use of data including the ability to produce reports to monitor progress against targets, and to generate strategies to continuously improve performance.
- Demonstrable experience of professional standards including and not exhaustive of fundraising compliance, GDPR, health and safety, risk analysis and management, and EDI.
- Exceptionally strong organisation, administrative, verbal, and written communication skills, able to collaborate across the business and with multiple stakeholders.
- Friendly with a good sense of humour and a polite, professional manner.
- Up to £48,000 per annum, plus bonus scheme (OTE £65,000)
- Employer pension contributions
- Enhanced sick pay
- Family friendly policies with enhanced pay elements
- 22 days holiday (not including bank holidays) increasing to 27 days upon length of service
Health & Wellbeing Support
- Beautiful countryside office location with free parking and shower facilities, perfect if you fancy walking, running, or cycling to work
- Employee Assistance Programme, including access to mental health and wellbeing tools, discounts, training and more!
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Free flu vaccination vouchers every winter
- Office Library and book-club
- Personable and friendly company with a dedicated and hardworking team and vibrant culture
Recognition & Career Development
- Long service awards
- Learning, career development and training opportunities, including Lunch and Learns.
- Referral Scheme ‘Friend with Benefits’, and monetary rewards for recommending someone who starts with us.
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Awareness Months, including signposting and training
- Paid time off for your Birthday!
- Paid time off for Christmas shutdown
- Birthday, Wedding, and New Baby gifts
- Seasonal gifts and celebrations, including Christmas Party
- Permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- The probation period for this role is 12 weeks.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion to fit into our team, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally.
Please apply using the button above or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org