We’re looking for an experienced Telephone Fundraiser or Telemarketing Professional who is inspired to join us in our mission to make charity ambitions a reality through the power of conversation! This is a role full of opportunity for the right person, and ideal for an experienced fundraiser or call agent looking to take the next step in their career, with progression to a Team Leader/Coordinator position within 6-12 months for those with the right attitude, attributes, and willingness to learn.
We are proudly a ‘team-first’ agency, and you will feel like family from the moment you walk into our beautiful countryside offices, Church Farm, and meet the dedicated and awesome team you’ll be working alongside. This may be a call centre role, but you will be working in anything but a call centre environment – our office is ‘where nature meets home’ and we pride ourselves on an informal, fun, vibrant, and sometimes quirky workplace culture, that allows everyone to be themselves and to have their own voice.
The Professional Fundraiser is a telemarketing agency working with clients that span The Royal British Legion, British Heart Foundation, Sue Ryder, and Epilepsy Society to name just a few. We embed ourselves with the clients we work with pooling our talents to craft amazing fundraising campaigns and donor experiences.
You will be a part of this, inspiring members of the public to support the charity’s cause, by making both outbound calls to existing and warm perspective donors, and inbound call handling to donors who have either phoned or text to donate, following a web or TV advertisement.
A confident and clear communicator, personable and charismatic, you will be someone who understands how to liaise with members of the public, not afraid to lead the conversation as you engage each person with the aims of the charity, talking with them about the vital work the charity does, ensuring a persuasive yet ethical ask for support on each call – this could be to solicit a regular monthly donation, to talk with the person about leaving a gift in their will, to thank them for their donation or for becoming an event participant, to increase the amount the person is giving, or to reactivate a lapsed donor, and much more in between!
You will be highly professional in your approach, your own standards naturally aligned to the high expectations and best practice you would expect from one of the leading agencies working in the charity sector. Understanding that you will at times have sensitive conversations, you will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, responding appropriately and sympathetically on such occasion, and will always place the person you are speaking with at the heart of your thinking.
You will thrive in a target driven environment but will never compromise professional ethics and your own integrity in pursuit of a number. You will always bring positivity, and will seek to challenge yourself to continuously improve, taking great pride in achieving your targets and KPI’s.
- Provide an engaging call, winning the hearts and minds of the people you speak with, inspiring them about the cause and the charity’s work.
- Make outbound calls to lapsed, existing and perspective donors, talking with them about the charity, and making an ask for support.
- Respond to inbound calls, talking with the caller about the charity and the specific campaign, to solicit a donation and ongoing support.
- Commit to a culture of continuous improvement, achieving sign-up targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure all calls are conducted in a polite, professional, and ethical manner, upholding company standards and fundraising best practice.
- Update all records using our CRM ensuring the accuracy of data.
- Personality - You’ll have a natural warmth that resonates with people, a good sense of humour and a polite, professional manner!
- Experience - Previous telephone fundraising or telemarketing experience.
- Communication - A confident and strong communicator, you’ll listen twice as much as you talk!
- Drive - Self-motivated and target driven.
- Adaptable – You learn fast, retain information well, enabling you to work across multiple campaigns.
- Excellence – You will have a unique passion for delivering excellence to the highest standards.
- Ambitious – You aspire to learn new skills, are loyal, committed and wish to grow and develop within an inspiring culture.
Salary and Benefits:
We strive to reward our team for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your dedication and professionalism, we offer:
- Starting salary £13 to £15 per hour (depending on experience).
- 22 days annual holiday entitlement (not including bank) increasing after 3 years, and to 27 days after 5 years-service.
- Pension contribution.
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flu vaccination vouchers.
- Wellbeing activities.
- Recognition and reward programme.
- Additional paid day off (and cakes) to celebrate your birthday.
- Additional paid time off for Christmas shutdown (between Christmas and New Year).
- Referral Scheme ‘Friends with benefits’ where you can earn up to £1,000 per referral.
- In-house training and development and promotion opportunities.
- Long service awards.
- Social events including annual Christmas Party.
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Seasonal gifts and unconventional moments.
- Beautiful countryside office location and free parking.
- Personable and friendly company with a dedicated and hardworking team and vibrant culture.
This is a permanent position, part-time (minimum 25 hours) up to full-time (37 hours) per week in our Astwick “Church Farm” office.
The probation period for this job role is 12 weeks.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion to fit into our team, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally.
Please complete the form below to apply or email Amber Clabburn (HR and Recruitment Advisor) email@example.com