The Professional Fundraiser is a leading and national fundraising agency working with large charity clients that include The Royal British Legion, British Heart Foundation and Cats Protection to name a few. We’re proudly a “team-first” agency and want every individual’s interaction with The Professional Fundraiser to be an exemplary experience. We strive for the feeling of family, crafting personal experiences for each of our Team Members.
With ambitious fundraising team development and growth plans, we are looking for an experienced Training and Development Specialist to join our People Team and deliver key learning and organisational development initiatives.
You will be joining our small but mighty People Team, reporting into our Head of People, Culture and ESG and working alongside them to deliver our ambitious Learning Strategy. You will be responsible for the end-to-end design and delivery of our Fundraiser and Central Office new starter induction and refresher training. You will also partner with our Senior Leadership Team and Team Managers to identify, design and deliver effective team and individual learning solutions and development initiatives.
We have ambitious plans for growth, and you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment. No two weeks at The Professional Fundraiser will look the same, and whilst being mainly office based, you will also travel around the country visiting our Fundraisers in the field and delivering learning, development and coaching programmes.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally. We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from people from marginalised ethnicities for this role.
- Work with the Head of People, Culture and ESG to design and develop an overarching Training and Development framework.
- Responsible for the end-to-end design and delivery of our Fundraiser and Central Office induction programmes, consulting with various stakeholders and module leaders.
- Responsible for the tracking and implementation of compliance driven refresher training.
- Work with the Head of People, Culture and ESG to design, develop and deliver team and role training development programmes.
- Work with the Head of People, Culture and ESG to review and develop our appraisal programme.
- Partner with our Senior Leadership Team and Team Managers to identify and develop individual learning plans through skills assessments and appraisals.
- Partner with stakeholders to design, develop and deliver training/knowledge updates in a “blended” learning environment, utilising virtual meetings, face-to-face training, factsheets, newsletters, online modules and more.
- Collaborate closely with our Client Success Team to roll out training on new charity partners and charity updates.
- Develop an understanding of the platforms and technology we provide and be able to fully articulate this to all Team Members.
- Collaborate with other teams on fundraising meetings, events and roadshows, utilising every opportunity to build our culture of learning and development.
- Communicate regular progress/status to key stakeholders, measuring and reporting on training program success.
We are looking for a creative, competent and inclusive trainer with an engaging communication style, strong facilitation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Friendly and personable with a good sense of humour and a polite, professional manner.
- Passionate about delivering high-quality training and seek continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing training materials, including classroom training delivery.
- Ability to translate complex material into practical and engaging training.
- Experience using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Experience developing and delivering innovative compliance and customer service-based training material would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development processes and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisation skills, with an ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate with good eLearning knowledge.
- Ability to coach and use a consultancy approach.
- Affinity and commitment towards diversity and inclusion.
- Great team player, proactive approach and hands on.
- A commitment to consistent quality and attention to detail.
To apply, please use the button above or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org